Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HYBRIDS - Unfinished

3 posters

Go down

HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty HYBRIDS - Unfinished

Post by Alue Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Righty, so, I decided to give proper writing a go and wrote the first chapter of something I had in mind for a little while now. I want you guys' opinions though, because I think it kind of sucks. xD Feel free to give me any suggestions or anything and I might take them into consideration. : D Sorry if there are any mistakes I didn't notice. I don't know whether this idea is any good or not, so please tell me what you think. cx

Background

So basically it's set in present time, and humanity turns out to have been pawns created as feeding purposes for the more powerful species that they were purposely made oblivious to by the one they knew as 'God'.  This God was actually a greedy and overly powerful demon who created Humans so others of his species and similar species would be able to feed freely. Of course, he had to make sure these creatures weren't visible to the humans, and gave them the appearance of humans. Except now humanity is learning about this and a secret group of humans who somehow managed to harness supernatural abilities from ancient witchcraft have decided to fight back. A vast group of Hybrids (beings of more than one supernatural species and hated/feared because of their power) have been given the job to stop these people from revealing the secret that had been kept since the beginning of time, and wipe them from the face of the earth.

PROLOGUE

Malik was awoken that morning by something wet and sloppy lapping at his face. Wait- Wet and sloppy? he thought, immediately snapping out of his half-asleep state to find his own electric blue eyes staring into another pair of cordovan ones. The owner of these eyes barked once, its large jaws colliding together and sending a splatter of drool in his direction. It was Sprinkles- yes, Sprinkles- the large Alsatian owned by his accomplice.
"Agh! LYLITH!" He roared, sitting up straight and wiping the wet streak of doggy spit from his face with the back of his hand in a few vigorous movements.  'Sprinkles' was actually a hellhound, although since they couldn't exactly be seen dragging a humongous beast around after them, Lylith cast some sort of spell to temporarily change him into something more practical.
  Malik Redwood was a hybrid, a cross between a vampire and a God, so in a way he supposed he could be classed as a 'Demigod'. He had all the strengths and needs of an average vampire, as well as attaining some extra power from his father who was a God of Death, but only a minor one at that.
In fact, all of his group were Hybrids and would need to be or else they wouldn't have an interest in facing the enemy that was at hand. Hybrids were treated as scum these days by the Purebreds, even though most Hybrids held far more power that the Purebreds as they were a mixture of more than once species. Perhaps that was the reason they were feared and hated so much. But, over time, quite a large amount of Hybrids had banded together and split into separate groups and then of course, a sort of ranking had been devised between them. Malik's group was a more higher class as they were far more powerful mixes, consisting of half Vampires and half of something else.
  "What is it now?" Came the surprisingly musical reply of his accomplice and righthand man, or woman, as she pranced into his bedroom. On seeing the Alsatian perched on Malik's bed, her question had been answered immediately  and she rushed over before throwing her arms around the grinning mutt. "Oh my- I was looking everywhere for you!" She cried, as if they had just been reunited after a very long time. Lylith was a cross between a Witch and a Vampire, and even though she came across as a little..eccentric, she was not to be underestimated.
"I'm pretty sure you hadn't even left your bedroom.." Malik grunted under his breath, quiet enough for her not to hear as he brushed his mop of obsidian locks from his eyes. "Now get it the hell off me!"
" 'It' happens to be a 'He'," she corrected in a matter-of-fact tone and threw the large dog over her shoulder with ease as if it was a sack of potatoes. Sprinkles wriggled in her grip with excitement, obviously thinking this was some sort of game, and twisted and turned until he was able to cover her face with sloppy licks. The surprisingly childish twenty-five-year-old woman sauntered out of the bedroom with ease, slamming the door behind her.
I worry about her sometimes, Malik thought to himself with an exasperated sigh, running a hand through his long hair once more before throwing his quilt aside and climbing out of bed. He was dressed in about twenty minutes as he was someone to take his time while getting ready, even though he had only gotten into a pair of dark coloured jeans and a t-shirt.
This morning he would be welcoming two new recruits to the group, as it was only himself and Lylith at the moment. He hoped to God that they wouldn't be extremely irritating and hard to manage. Last year's group had been a little too well-mannered and looked up to Malik immensely, which creeped him out a bit. So thinking back on that again, he decided he didn't mind how these new people would act as long as they followed orders, and didn't follow him around like he was the most amazing being in the whole universe.
Malik exited his bedroom and focused his gaze on his watch as he descended the stairs and made his way into the kitchen to make some coffee. They should be here any minute now.. he thought, but his thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. His gaze flickered to the top of the stairs as he made his way to the door. Damn, of course Lylith wouldn't bother coming down to introduce herself. But then again, maybe she had something else in mind.
When Malik opened the door, he was greeted with two 'punk-y' looking teenagers..arguing over a sandwich. They were attempting to tug what looked like a chicken and lettuce sandwich from each other's grips, sending animalistic growls in each other's direction every now and then. It was then that Malik lost all faith in humanity. Or whatever you'd call his species.
This is going to be a /long/ year.

Last edited by Alue on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alue
Alue

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue2/5HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue85/100HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Character Mood:: Neutral

Back to top Go down

HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty Re: HYBRIDS - Unfinished

Post by HowlingStar Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Nice. O_O
HowlingStar
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue4/5HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Health Bar:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue90/100HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

https://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm

This is wonderful! MUST HAVE MOREE!  Shocked
Mismatched
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue1/1HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health Bar:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue100/-100HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (100/-100)
Character Mood::

Back to top Go down

Post by Alue Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Haha, thanks. xD They're all characters I roleplay.
Currently writing the first chapter~ I have no idea how long that's going to take me. ;A;
Alue
Alue

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue2/5HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
HYBRIDS - Unfinished Left_bar_bleue85/100HYBRIDS - Unfinished Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Character Mood:: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum