Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ads! Zey kill my title box!

+2
Flare
Smoke
6 posters

Go down

Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty Ads! Zey kill my title box!

Post by Smoke Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:27 am

I am having quite a problem with ads on this website, and it is highly annoying to me. I don't mean to be complaining, but the ads are covering the title section of my posts and I'm growing very agitated by it. If some admins could hopefully fix this, I would HIGHLY appreciate it. If it is just me, it may be my computer. It's been known to be cruddy before, so just tell me if you guys have the same problem.
Thankies :3
(P.S- I have to 'send' my topic and the 'You must specify a subject for your message comes up and makes everything else but the ad move down so I can then put in my topic name. I'm okay with having to do this, and I know it probably shouldn't be a problem since I can still access the title box, but it's just really annoying, ya know?)
Smoke
Smoke
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue2/5Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue100/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Ivyshade: Bored and a bit lonely

http://thenewera.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty Re: Ads! Zey kill my title box!

Post by Flare Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah, this happens to me as well.
It seems to be a recent occurrence, because I don't remember the ads always doing this.
Now, usually, I have to refresh the page before typing anything and the ad usually retreats to its normal territory. But most of the time the ad is in the correct spot, so I dunno if its your CP or not, but I'm noticing somewhat the same thing Razz
Flare
Flare
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Location : Definitely not in your pantry if thats what you mean... O_o

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue6/6Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue95/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (95/100)
Character Mood:: Happy- Love my new clan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:06 am

Oh, I might have to try refreshing the page. I haven't tried that yet. It's nice to know I'm not the only one though!
Maybe since its a more recent thing it's because of the larger amount of players on here? A lot of data on the site is making the ads wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey?
Smoke
Smoke
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue2/5Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue100/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:35 am

All ads are removed for admins, but, sadly, I don't have the permissions (even as an admin) to remove the ads for users. You can download an adblock if you're using chrome or firefox like I have which removes all advertisements and also helps decrease the amount of potential viruses you could get.

Since forumotion is a free forum hosting site,
It makes money through advertising and so there is no way for me to disable it. Except, admins can have it disabled from their screen,  but, no other user. Sorry.
HowlingStar
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue4/5Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue90/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

https://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:11 am

Yea, try the refreshing, I think that might help :3
Sometimes the ad makes me unable to click the certain page number I want on a topic. Hrm.. :\ Strange...
Flare
Flare
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Location : Definitely not in your pantry if thats what you mean... O_o

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue6/6Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue95/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (95/100)
Character Mood:: Happy- Love my new clan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoke Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Oh, thanks for telling me Howling. I use internet explorer and have a windows PC, so I can't get that ad blocker stuff which seriously sucks Sad
Refreshing the page doesn't work for me for some weird reason. I can live with a little detour though, so at least you guys told me what's going on :3
Smoke
Smoke
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by MiseryCloud Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Ahh. Weird. I don't know where/how the ads work because like Jas, I use an ad blocker.
MiseryCloud
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue5/5Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue43/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (43/100)
Character Mood:: ValiantClan are trying to take back the pines? Good luck to them is all I can say..

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Ah. Lucky ad-blocker people! XD

This happened to me a few times as well, but I had to refresh it several times to get it off. That happened like two or three times, but now I'm fine.
The ads are durping. :3
*Firefly*
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue10/10Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Health Bar:
Character Mood:: Should I tell him?

http://pawstepsinthedark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Feralclaw Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:31 pm

built in google adblock *kicks back and relaxes with shades on in a really dark room* Hello?
Feralclaw
Feralclaw
Expert
Expert

Location : I am the madness locked away in your mind unable to come to this mortal plain

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue12/13Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (12/13)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue55/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (55/100)
Character Mood:: Get off of me.

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's the link for anyone who is interested, ^ Smile
HowlingStar
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue4/5Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Health Bar:
Ads! Zey kill my title box! Left_bar_bleue90/100Ads! Zey kill my title box! Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

https://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down