Ruinpaw's Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ruinpaw's Training

Post by Scarpath on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Ruinpaw padded into the Sandy Hallow cautiously, her pads still soft from her previous life as a kitty-pet. Her green eyes scanned the area slowly in search for her new mentor, Nightglow. Ruinpaw sat down at the edge of the hallow while waiting, excited and anxious for her first day of training.
Scarpath
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)
Character Mood::

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruinpaw's Training

Post by *Firefly* on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:12 am

Nightglow padded out of the thick thorny bushes. "Ugh. I thought this was a shortcut." She meowed, and then proceeded to pull a twig out of her chest fur. Her soft blue eyes gazed over at her apprentice, excitement in her eyes as well. "Let's start with hunting. We'll learn about the hunting crouch, some tactics, tips, and then you'll practice hunting on real prey. If you get three, four, or more pieces of prey, you did great. If you got two pieces, you got good or average. If you got one piece we need to practice a bit more. Sound alright?" She said, her tone soft as her eye hue. Her black fur ruffled as a cold wind flew by suddenly, then stopped. Her fur looked ruffled and unkempt, as she sometimes didn't care to groom it. It still looked relatively okay, though.

OOC: Idea. To decide whether you got the piece of prey, take a 1-10 number generator. If you got lower than five, the prey ran away/you messed up/timing was wrong etc. If you got higher than five, you get they prey. If you get a 5, you decide whether you miss or catch it. :3
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Should I tell him?

http://pawstepsinthedark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpath on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Ruinpaw watched as her mentor instructed and attempted to mimic her movements. She lowered into a crouch, outstretched her paws and lowered her tail. Ruinpaw opened her mouth and scented a frog nearby. Her green eyes darted to her mentor before back to where her prey was. Slowly, she crawled over to the location of the frog and lepted towards it (i got 6 Very Happy) Ruinpaw landed on top of the frog and after a small chase under her paws she pinned the frog down and killed it as instructed. "Look, I did it!" she called to her mentor with her mouth full of frog. She trotted back over to Nightglow and dropped the frog at her paws, "Wait I want to try one more time!" Ruinpaw dashed off again to try and find another animal to add to the fresh kill pile. After a few moments she scented a mouse not far from where she was. Ruinpaw was cocky after catching her first frog so when she went to leap on the mouse she faltered and fell flat on her face (i got a 3). "Darn it!" Ruinpaw trudged back to Nightglow, picking leaves and dirk out of her fur. "How did I do?" Her green eyes looked up expectantly at her mentor.
Scarpath
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:31 am

"Not bad." The rare blue eyes of Nightglow gazed at the frog. "Be careful and be aware of your surroundings, try not to get too excited. Contain yourself. Besides that, you did well with the frog. Try a few more times." The midnight-furred she-cat purred.
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpath on Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Ruinpaw nodded eagarly and turned to scent more prey. After a few seconds of sniffing the air, the black and white she-cat scented another small mouse not far from her. Ruinpaw dropped into a crouch, flattening her fur, being very awake of the leaves and sticks around her, careful to not disturb any vegetation and alert the mouse. Slowly, Ruinpaw crawled along the ground, her green eyes locked onto her prey. In one very focused and very controlled effort, the small she-cat pounced forward and caught the mouse in her claws and killed it (10 Very Happy). She smiled and picked it up, ready to run back to Nightglow before scenting another frog. Quickly taking her mouse to her mentor, she turned back around to where she had detected to frog. Again, being sure that her tail was down and her body was controlled, her stalked up to the frog. Just before Ruinpaw could pounce, the frog was startled by some movement in the distance and began hopping away. Determined to catch the prey, Ruinpaw stalked after it quickly, her green eyes locked on the small frog. Just before the frog could get away, she pounced and landed on it, almost letting it get away (5) but ended up successfully catching it. She picked up her catch and trotted back to where her mentor was waiting. "How was I that time?" the small apprentice asked eagarly.
Scarpath
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:20 pm

"Perfect, Ruinpaw. Your determination with the frog is to be admired, as well." She said. "Watch, to control your excitement to stop the other frog situation from happening, you can do like this." She said, and then, standing up, she balanced her weight and studied her paws and the ground. Nightglow took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh scents of the forest. She held the breath there for a few heartbeats, then slowly exhaled, moving slowly into a crouch to hunt. Then, she stalked rather slowly, but skillfully, toward a sound in the bushes. Tiny heartbeats could be heard inside her ear fur, coming from a mouse in the undergrowth. She saw the gray head and whiskers of a mouse around a bush, and carefully came closer. When she got close enough, the mouse nearly turned around to pick a nut off of the ground behind it. However, the silent black-furred she-cat shifted all of her weight on her haunches, and prepared to leap.

All the mouse could see before it was pinned down were claws unsheathing, and a cat springing from the shadows to end its life mercifully. She gently held the mouse down, and bit its neck, until its breaths stopped, and it slowly pawed away into its own StarClan. She stretched her head up again, and padded away from the bush, and back to her apprentice. "Try that, to calm yourself down, if you need." She mewed calmly, smiling. "Soon, we will move on to battle training."

OOC: Your posts are always so smexy and long! TEACH MEH. xD
I'm always like "I'M GONNA MAKE A LONG POST, YESH." And then I'm like "I can't put 'She meowed' twice, right? Y'know, I can write a long post tomorrow. Heh.." and I get sloppy and lazy. >-<
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 pm

(I love the number generator idea, Firefly. :3 And I'm the same! I try to make long posts, but, I'm never very successful xDD)
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

http://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Haha! :3
Thanks, btw! =)
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpath on Sat May 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Ruinpaw nodded eagerly, "Let me try ONE more time. Then we can do some battle training!!" Without waiting for a response from her mentor, she scurried away into the forest. She slowly down and breathed in deeply, detecting any sign of life around her. Her snowy white ear tip flickered at the sound of a mouse to her left. The small she-cat's heart beat accelerated in excitement at the thought of catching the prey and impressing her mentor. Before she acted too hastily, Ruinpaw breathed in and focused, calming her racing heart. She took another breath and began swiftly stalking forward, being sure to be upwind of the rodent so it wouldn't catch her scent. She lowered her slim body to the ground and continued to crawl forward, being sure not to rustle any remaining leaves from last leaf-fall. The mouse, now in sight, was darting under some leaves and flowers, collecting small bits of food. Ruinpaw took another quiet and steady breath before pouncing forward and catching the brown creature in her claws. She quickly lifted it up to her jaw and unmercifully bit down on it's frail neck, ending it's short life. (8! Very Happy) Ruinpaw let her heart speed up again as she raced back to Nightglow. "Look! I did it! I calmed down and caught this mouse!!" Ruinpaw beamed in pride as she dropped the rodent to her mentor's paws. "Can we do battle training now!?" The young she-cat bounced up and down excitedly, her soft pink kitty-pet paws aching slightly but her evergreen eyes glowing in anticipation.

OOC: IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG. IM SOO SOS OS OS SO SORRY. i signed up for the school play and we had 2 weeks of dress rehearsals (none of which i returned home to until 10PM) and then 2 weeks of shows (none of which i returned home to until midnight or later) IM SO SORRY IVE BEEN CATCHING UP ON SCHOOL WORK AND IVE BEEN VERY TIRED BUT IM BACK NOW IM STILL SO SORRY IVE BEEN GONE SO LONG AND NO YOUR LONG POST WAS LOVELY :3 Next time I will be sure to let you know when I will be gone, again I'm SO so SO SO SO sorry Sad SOOOO SORRY :'(

Scarpath
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* on Tue May 27, 2014 3:04 pm

OOC: We can RP until the forum officially closes, right?
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarpath on Thu May 29, 2014 9:48 pm

OOC: Idk can we RP until the forum closes? I'm still a newbie and don't know how things work really Sad
Scarpath
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* on Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm

OOC: I think so, not sure completely though. Guess what--I got a new tablet! My grandmother got it as a gift for trading in her old car with her new Chevy Equinox, and she gave it to ME!! Amg! Very Happy
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
10/10  (10/10)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down