Shifters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shifters

Post by Mismatched on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:51 am

Alright. Here is a prolouge of my new story Shifters :PThis is just a snippet of the book.

Towering thunderheads raced in from the north, like a stampede of wild horses. Draven sat on the roof, his arms wrapped around his legs. His messy brown hair was drenched in the downpour as he sat and watched as lightening illuminated the sky.  A pair of malevolent amber eyes watched him from the treetops; waiting for the perfect moment to leap onto the house.  Then, BAM! Thunder roared as a silhouette leaped onto the roof. Its form changed and turned into the shape of a tall teenage girl.
Draven leaped back; stunned by the girl in front of him and unable to speak. He could not move away from her gripping stare.
"Wha-" She gave him a harsh look and put a finger to her lips
"I ain't got all night lion." She snarled gripped his forearm and pulled him up ,putting her free hand on his mouth as he attempted to yell out. "SHHH! Keep quiet and follow me, Alpha wants to meet ya'." Dragging him to the edge of the roof, she ran into the forest, tugging him along behind her.

What do you think? :PWant more?
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)
Character Mood::

Back to top Go down

Re: Shifters

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:00 am

The plot sounds interesting! Please post more Very Happy
Draven is a cool name~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:44 am

Draven IS a beautiful name, right? :)And yeah, I agree with Kiera! Post some more! It just sounds so breathtaking!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphess Aiyana on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Sounds juicy !
Alphess Aiyana
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
98/100  (98/100)
Character Mood:: We must feed ourselves..

http://gbmp.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Yay! Ya'll like it! :3

First ya'll need to know about some of the characters
Alpha can see emotions
Talon sometimes has dreams about the future
Tessa can sense the powers of others
Le Spoiler:
And Draven is an Elemental as well as a Shifter

Suddenly the around them burst into a circle of dark blue flames. The girl let out a hiss of annoyance and pulled Draven closer to her as fived hooded figures walked through the flames; unharmed.
"Well well well. Look what we got here." One said in a mocking voice as the circled them. "Looks like we filthy Shifter and its little friend."
She snarled and gave them looks of utter contempt and hatred. She retorted, her amber eyes filled with rage "Looks can be decieving." She whispered into Draven's ear, "Don't say anything. When I say 'sarvichy', tackle the nearest Elemental."
"Well demon spawn," Called the hooded figure, his left hand was surrounded by a nimbus of blue fire "care to explain why you are so close to the village?"
"SAVICHY!" She screamed, transforming into the shape of a tiger and charging at the hooded figure; her ivory fang bared in a snarl. As if onn cue, a black wolf and two grizzly bears erupted into the burning clearing and engaged each one of them in a fight.
Draven, still shocked by this situation, was paralyzed by a gripping force inside him. He could feel himself changing. He felt a tail growing when he had none, he felt claws and a sudden urge to use them and he felt the need to roar. All of his other senses were blocked out as he charged at the elemental.
He heard a loud CLUNK and a spike of pain emanated from his forehead. Stars invaded his vision until it all went black.

The Pack:

Uggg. It's upside down! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Wolf is alpha
The lion is Draven
The Tiger is Tessa
The owl is Talon or 'Soft feathers'
And The two grizzly bear cubs are Brad and Chad

Last edited by Nisha on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh- he passed out...
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? :3
You're very good at writing interesting details in the sentences ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Okami on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah, I agree. It's really good and juicy! But.. I'm confused though. xDD What's a Shifter and an Elemental?
Alpha Okami
Alpha
Alpha

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
2/5  (2/5)
Health Bar:
98/100  (98/100)
Character Mood:: Blissful; these she-cats are so funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Ok. A Shifter is a person who can transform into a single animal at will. After their first transformation, the person may develop, pointed ears, fangs, oddly colored eyes(Yellow, amber, green, black), a tail, or possibly even horns.
Elementals however have power over a single element, (Fire, water(In all of its forms), earth(rocks, soil, mud, sand etc.), and plants(These few can control how plants grow and usually wield vines.)

A blast of cold awoke Draven with a jolt, his eyes snapped open and he was now aware of being very cold and wet. Looking around he saw that two boys, no older than ten, had an empty bucket in their hands and were on the ground laughing. "Morning  'o' mighty lion! Time to wake up from your nap." they jeered together, finally pulling themselves together enough to stand up and give him smirks of contempt.
"Where am I? Who are you? What are you?" Draven asked, his head spinning as he looked at their pointed ears and fangs.
"Save all questions until after we catch up with the rest of the Pack, pretty boy." One jeered, his pointed teethe visible in his smirk as he shifted into a grizzly bear and galloped into the forest.
"Alpha says its time to go kitty!" The one with the darker brown hair piped up. "You better hurry or you'll be left behind! You don't want to be in Elemtental territory alone, do ya'?" Whipping around, he followed his companion.
Draven had no choice but to follow. He had no idea where he was and now was probably now on Wanted posters in all the nearby villages since he attacked some of the capitol's guards. As he ran after them, he looked at the forest scenery. Up ahead he could see the two boy and the girl from last night along with two unfamiliar people stopping at the river bank by the raspberry bushes.
Several minutes later, Draven caught up with them, gasping for breath. Ignoring their chuckles and contempt stares, he ran to the water's edge and stared into the water. He gasped at his reflection and hit the water with his fist in anger.

Ok. >:3 Any predictions to why he was mad at his reflection? You must wait until tomorrow to find out! Muwahaha!
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gumdrop on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 am

Because he was a lion. O.O OR because he had cuts all over him?
Gumdrop
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
89/100  (89/100)
Character Mood:: Sniffing flowers!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am

Close. Razz

Draven growled at his now cat-like face. His once brown eyes were now a bright amber and also were slightly slanted and angular while his ears where higher up on his head and pointed. Two white fangs curved from under his upper lip. His parents would never recognize him now. Rage gripped him with an iron hand as he stood up and turned around to face the others. Unshed tears welled in his eyes, threatening to fall.
One of the two bear cubs burst out, "Watch out behind you!" as twenty Elementals garbed in crimson tunics charged out of the forest, a blue nimbus of fire encircling each of their hands as they circled The Pack.
"Where is the boy?" One of them snarled, as she strode towards them. "Where is Draven?"

Muwahaha! Another cliffhanger! Trust me, the next chapter will surprise you greatly. :3
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:06 am

Ohhz. :3 It does sound awesome hahaa.
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

http://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:38 pm

His blood went cold. These were not the guards from his village. No, these were warriors from the Borderwatch or the Shifter Hunters. The only reason they would be after him is if the Emperor wanted him. This made Draven's head spin. Why would they want him?
(Scorch's pov)
A young girl watched him beside her mentor as they circled the group of Shifters, wondering how that one  boy looked familiar. Something about his face rung a bell inside her head. Suddenly it hit her, HE WAS THE DRAVEN! Despite his angular eyes, fangs, and pointed ears, he was still the Draven Scorch had always known and perhaps loved. She narrowed her eyes and leaped at him, clenching her flaming hands into fists.
(Draven's pov)
Suddenly the forested erupted into a mass of fighting and yelling as the two groups clashed into a massive brawl. The Pack, excluding Draven, all transformed into their animal forms and were easily outnumbered but not outmatched.
Draven found himself locked in combat with a young girl. Her face was flushed as he finally gained the upper hand and pinned her to a tree with his hand around her neck. The battle seemed to have calmed down behind him but he did not notice. His vision was blurred in a red haze of anger and uncontrollable rage. A hand found its way to his shoulder and spun him around to face the rest of The Pack.
"Draven, that girl you have there is destined to join The Pack along with you." The one with coal black eyes and ashy gray hair said simply, shrugging as the others gave him looks of astonishment.
"Talon has never been wrong before." Said the tallest in the back, his dark hair covering his piercing yellow eyes as he sized up Draven.
"Um Alpha," one of the two twin boys watched as the girl dashed away farther into the woods, "how is she going to join if she is running away?"
"AFTER HER!"

Hahaha! I bet you weren't expecting that! I know the chapter was not very well written and I made you people wait far to long so I decided to add a bonus! I drew Scorch AND The Pack in human forms!
Le Drawings:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol Scorch can climb walls. afro 
:3
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 pm

I couldn't see the pictures. :/
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 am

Really? :/ I'll post the links for the images. Those darn elves.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I don't understand in the first blue passage thingy how Draven understands who those people are when it was never explained to him? o.o xD I like the story though. It's very fast moving. :3
Nightmare

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
3/5  (3/5)
Health Bar:
92/100  (92/100)
Character Mood:: Curious but nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:07 am

Yay! Thank you to all of teh people who have replied to this topic. :PIt makes me feel good to know people are reading and enjoying the story. Gather 'round children. I have a tale to tell!

The Elementals and Shifters have been at war for a millenia. Only the Borderwatch wears the crimson tunics. :3 The Capitol guards wear Dark Sapphire colored tunics and the Spies wear whatever locals wear. x3
The Pack is one of the many teams sent out by the High Counsil of the Shifters to recruit new members for the attack teams. :3 The war is not full on. Their are skirmishes but no full on battles. :3

And now for the new chapter!

(Scorch's POV)
Scorch's heart pounded in her chest as she tore a path through the brambles and undergrowth of the forest with her flaming fists. The darkness brought by the setting sun made her burned train harder to see for normal people. Of course the people chasing her were not normal people were they. She needed to distract them from her path somehow! Why don't you make a fire wall? a small voice in her head asked quietly. A devious grin made its way to her previously distraught features as she set the trees and undergrowth ablaze with one massive blue fire ball. Pleased by her destruction she ran until she reached a small rivulet that fed into a small pool of clear water. Without hesitation she waded into the cool water up to her knees. Her hands sputtered and went out as she relaxed. Finally they were of her trail... Or so she thought.
(Draven's POV)
Draven pounded after her, following her scorched trail through the woods. His companions were far behind him now and he intended to keep is that way. A dark crimson haze of rage covered his vision. How dare his childhood friend just betray him like that? That one thought fueled his burning anger and loathing for her. Perhaps it was causerie of his senseless rage that he charged through a wall of flames without thinking twice. He was on her trail. The red haze began to recede into the depths of his mind leaving him with guilt and fatigue. Still not slowing down he continued to pursue her until he reached the end of the trail. There she was; wading into the waters of a small pool of crystal clear water. This was his chance! He could charge forward and catch her by surprise. Summoning his courage again he leaped forward out of his hiding place and into the pool of water.

What do you think of the chapter? If feel I could have done better. I plan to re-write every chapter soon once I finish writing the book. :PANd here are teh drawings I promised you guys.
[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=10&u=18081913][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ur]
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 pm

I really like the drawings, especially the one of Scorch. MORE CHAPPTERRRS? :3
Nightmare

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
3/5  (3/5)
Health Bar:
92/100  (92/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:49 am

I like Alpha. c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Alpha is a very cool character. He can see the emotions of people through colors and has a machete strapped on his back. Every member of The Pack has a weapon so that if they cannot transform for some reason or it is unreasonable to, they are skilled with that weapon. Brad and Chad have nun-chucks, Talon wields two metal poles with curved ends, Tess carries a dual use staff, and Draven will use a metal hammer. :3
Scorch carries a diamond bladed iron sword with a dark blue sheath. :3

Now on to the story!

Scorch looked at the smooth surface of the pool of water, her features displayed on its glassy surface. A flicker of movement caught the corner of her eye, jerking her out of her dreamlike state. Her hands let out a few sparks and then ignited as she blasted a jet of azure flames towards the dark figure who leaped towards her. The surface of the water sizzled as a fog surrounded her and the dark figure. A loud snarl came from the dark figure as its form changed from that of human-like to the shape of a beast. It charged at her, snarling in rage; its large amber eyes glowing fiercely.

Draven-lion snarled and swiped his claws at the female, a feral snarl rumbling from his throat. He did not remember who he was or who he was attacking in his burning rage, he only knew that fire caused pain and pain made him angry. Who ever made him angry would pay.
"Arugan vhruu grrva shanq!!" The female cried in a strange language that even Draven-human would not understand. Her flaming fists whizzed by his head, barely missing his face.
With a strangled roar, he tackled her and pinned her to the pool floor; his vision became shrouded by a crimson haze of anger, overiding his better judgement as he attembed to drown the female. She thrashed like a wildcat under his paws, her eyes filled with fear of the monster that heald her captive.
"DRAVEN!" Barked the deep and comanding voice of Alpha as he waded into the shallow water.
His attention shifted from his victim to the dark haired male who was waving its paws at him. The male streaked forward in a burst of inhuman speen and jabbed Draven-lion's neck with his index and middle finger. A spike of pain entered his mind his transformation ending and his vision fading to black.

Scorch was faintly aware  of a pair of hands grasp her shoulders and lift her out of the water. She gasped and caughed as the pair of hands set her down on the ground. Perhaps her breathing training had come in handy after all.
"Are you alright?" Asked a calm and collected voice, behind her.
She whipped around to see the group she had been aigned to capture with her Divsion. Fear gripped her as she realized what they were going to do. They were going to torture her into insanity. Her Division had possibly killed hundreds of Shifters and they were here to inact their revenge by torturing her and sending her back as a message. She had seen the reports. The fact that she could barely walk in her state, much less outrun them gave her only one option; To beg for them to spare her.
A brown haired boy popped out from behind the dark haired boy and smiled at her cheekely, "She sure is hot!"
Another boy who looked about a year older shot his a warning stare and then went back to poking the unconsious Draven with a stick.

I just had to make the scene end with Chad saying something stupid! I found that this chapter was rather sad and needed brightening. And of course Brad would be poking Draven with a sick. :3 Please leave a reply! I will draw another picture soon! School is getting a bit overwelming.

Edit: I edited most of the mistakes that were pointed out to me. Thanks guys for replying! It means alot to me! Very Happy

Last edited by Nisha on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Nisha wrote: Fear gripped her as she realized what they were going to do. They were going to do.

this part doesn't make much sense xD

IM EXCITED FOR MOREEE :3
Nightmare

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
3/5  (3/5)
Health Bar:
92/100  (92/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 am

Yeah. O_O But, what are they going to do? CHOP HER BRAIN OFF AND NOMS IT? O_______o Jk
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Okami on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 am

You write a lot of stories. Very Happy
Alpha Okami
Alpha
Alpha

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
2/5  (2/5)
Health Bar:
98/100  (98/100)
Character Mood:: Blissful; these she-cats are so funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm

HowlingStar wrote:Yeah. O_O But, what are they going to do? CHOP HER BRAIN OFF AND NOMS IT? O_______o Jk
xD They will not torture her because of Talon's prediction. Though, if they were torturing her they would probably turn on Barney and forc her to watch it. JK JK

@Okami: And yes, I do write quiet alot of stories. This is by far my favorite story and I will add chapters as long as I don't get writer's block and my muse bunny is with me.

@Nananana Nightmare: And thank you Nightmare for pointing out that. xD I edit things and then somehow words get edited or deleted because my computer has a mind of its own. My muse bunny is missing right now so I cannot write. :3
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowlingStar on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 pm

hahaha. !! xD
I WANNA BE NANANANANNANAANAANANAA BANNNAAAAANNNAAAANAAA MAN. o_O xDD Jkjk.
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mismatched on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 pm

New Chapta! I can barely get on now because of... Well, my social life is taking more and more of my free time. Now on good days I can get on for a hour at most. I will not be rping much. But, I really like this story and I have dreams about it. I must continue writing it! I love writing this story!

The branches of the trees groaned in complaint as the dark winged figure landed on the shadowy forest floor. It opened its terrible maw and shot white hot flames into the horrifying crimson sky. Images of people and animals being swallowed whole by the terrible beast flashed past. Suddenly the sky was blotted out by millions of giant crows as they circled the fiery beast.
Come to me Draven, come serve your master...
He woke with a start wincing at his sore muscles and looked up. Dappled light filtered through the trees and onto the blanket he had been resting on. A smoldering campfire lay in the center of the circle of burlap tents and silk blankets.
"So... Your back with the living. We thought you were gone for good. Too bad." One of the grizzly brothers jabbed at his ribs with a long claw like finger.
The other elbowed him, sending him sprawling to the ground, "Moron. He's the one from Talon's dream. If he died now, we would have to search for another one."
"Another what?" Draven growled as he sat up, feeling his joints crack from disuse. "How long was I out for?"
"Four days." the tiger girl dropped from the trees, "After your little stunt with the Elemental Alpha had to use the Instant knock out jab. You are lucky he did not decide to use... other methods." she patted the blue sheath to the sword she held in her hands. "As for you two," she turned on the brothers, "go find Talon. Tell him the time has come to begin the search for Alpha and the Elemental."

I know its short but eh, its something.
Mismatched
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/-100  (100/-100)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiseryCloud on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 am

BLEEPS. Posting for le Nish! :3
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
5/5  (5/5)
Health Bar:
43/100  (43/100)
Character Mood:: ValiantClan are trying to take back the pines? Good luck to them is all I can say..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum