Suggestion: Forum Organization (and new forum suggestion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion: Forum Organization (and new forum suggestion)

Post by Magpie on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:03 pm

Hello!
As GBMP has grown and changed, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section has become quite massive, as has the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section. I have a (rather big) suggestion that might get rid of some of the clutter that so having so many forums causes.

Suggestion One: 'Miscellaneous' Category
I suggest that create a new category, 'Miscellaneous', that would go underneath 'Out of Character'. Less popular/useful forums would be moved there. If I were to decide, I would say that the 'Miscellaneous' category should contain the following forums:
The Point Store
Jason's Trash Can

A bit small for an entire category, no? See suggestion three.

Suggestion Two: 'Forum Plots' Modifications
I suggest that, instead of requiring administrators to think out the roleplay drama, members also be allowed to suggest site-wide roleplay events. The current roleplay plot would be 'Stickied'. Of course not every plot would be put into action, but members will be able to write some of the events together. This would include prophecies, natural disasters, wars, and any other events that would affect all four Clans. An admin would be required to approve and finalize the plot. If an admin doesn't think it will be possible, members will just get started on a new idea. Wink

Suggestion Three: Advertise/Affiliate Forum
This forum would be added to both fatten up the 'Miscellaneous' category (if it were to be added) and to help increase GBMP's forum traffic.
This forum would be open to guests. Why? This way we eliminate any members who would join just to advertise. It would also enable GBMP to advertise on other Warriors' forums that require the ability to link back without registering.
If other forums were interested in affiliating, having an affiliations thread or forum would allow them to submit their requests without having to register and message an admin.

Suggestion Four: GBMP on Social Media Sites
GBMP already has a Facebook. What about a Twitter? An Instagram? An Ask.fm (for any questions about upcoming events)?
Yes, updating a social media page is time-consuming and (arguably) boring. Which is why, if GBMP were to have multiple social pages, there might be a group: 'Social Site Mods'.
This group could be hidden if you preferred that members not have a different username color.
The Social Site Mods (SSMs) would not be promoted based on their forum experience like I'm sure some of the current staff now have been. Members would apply for the ability to run one GBMP social media page. With every on-site update, they would be sure to update GBMP's social page. They would also respond to comments and generally moderate the page, but would have no power on GBMP itself.

These are just a few ideas that I had. You are free to use them, or to discard them (but I will be using SSMs on my own site, so please don't be upset if it seems I've copied you Wink).
Thanks for your consideration!
Magpie
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
1/1  (1/1)
Health Bar:
100/100  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Scared

http://forgottenpurrsrp.boards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Forum Organization (and new forum suggestion)

Post by HowlingStar on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 am

The drama plots were created by users as a discussion for ideas was in fact held. Users even helped make prophecies and such. The forum drama was admin ran because it was the first drama plot and we needed to have it controlled to ensure that no hiccups popped up. Smile

We already have an affiliation and advertising section which does increase our forum traffic. MiseryCloud actually is in charge of our forum affiliation - she goes to other forums and links the two forums, chats to the admins and gets good relationships and such. She then gives Aiyana and I the coding.  

ASK.FM is a terrible site which attracts bullying. I have strong opinions about that site, haha. I do however like that idea of the use of social networking sites and a special group of users which control the pages. I do like that. :3 I'll keep that idea in mind. Aiyana and I have also discussed shuffling things around the forum - making them easier to find. But I like the idea of the OOC section. We originally targeted the "general" sectiom. Smile Ideas much appreciated!!

-

I also do apologize if this message comes across extremely ratty. I've just had the worst day ever. Bare with me. Razz
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
4/5  (4/5)
Health Bar:
90/100  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

http://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MiseryCloud on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:41 am

I've already been investigating ways to prove our affiliation section of the forum (making it open to guests, more noticeable, static affiliations as well as sister sites, etc) but I'm glad those ideas were reinforced by your suggestion.

Other users should input their opinion here! Come on, guys, post what you think! It's great to see what other users think and want as it's not just the staff's forum, but, it's also the users forum as they use it.
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
5/5  (5/5)
Health Bar:
43/100  (43/100)
Character Mood:: ValiantClan are trying to take back the pines? Good luck to them is all I can say..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top