Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason's Help Guide!

Go down

Jason's Help Guide! Empty Jason's Help Guide!

Post by HowlingStar Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm

WELCOME TO GBMP!
This guide is designed for new members, but, anyone from GBMP's is free to use it for their own aid around the forum.

The guide covers

▪️ Basic navigation around the forum; your first topic, how to post topics, how to reply to forum messages, your private messages.
▪️ Forum features; your signature, your health bar, your profile picture.
▪️ The chatbox; how to access it.

Basic Navigation

Your first topic ever posted should be your character topic. A step-by-step guide is sent to every new member when they register explaining that this is what they must do. However, some users don't realize this and get a bit confused which I can understand and relate to. So, I have created this guide to help users.

Before you post anywhere on the forum, you must have read the rules. The rules are very important and you could get in trouble if you do not read them. Although the rules are rather basic, there is a word within the rules that you must post alongside your character join form. This shows us that you have read the rules and that you understand what could happen if you break the rules. If the rules are updated or changed, a notification will be sent to all members.

Where are the rules? The rules are located at the very top of the forum on the "forum" or "home" page. As seen in the screenshot;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you click "Rules and Regulations" it will show two topics. Forum staff and the rules. You're welcome to read both as both are very important. Forum staff members will always help you, whenever you need it. They're here to help.

Once you have read the rules, you're welcome to post your first topic which should be your character information. Your character information should be posted in the "Sign Up" section of the forum:

Click the "Sign Up" section and then you will see two topics (at the very bottom of the page) which will be an example and another topic called "Click here" - The Click Here topic provides a template for a cat and a wolf character. You do not have to use this template, however, it is advised. Once you're in the "Click Here" topic, copy the template you want to use (it will depend on if your character is a cat or a wolf) you will then see a button in the top left corner called "Post new" :

Click the "Post New" button and paste the template. Then fill out the template and ensure you post the 'special' word from the rules!, then select "Send." You now must wait for an Admin or a Moderator to accept you. But, we're on daily so it should not take long.

How do I know if I've been approved?
Very easily, a moderator or an Admin will post "approved" on your character topic and then will change your username color to the "members" color shown in the legend. This means you can now post anywhere you want to, but do take into consideration the rules.

How do I reply to posts?
There is a quick reply box at the bottom of very page and you will be able to post there using that box. However, if the topic is locked, the box will not be there;

What are private messages or Pms? How do I get them? How do I send them? Can other people see them?
Private messages are messages which can only be viewed by you and the sender of the message. They are located in the navigation bar;

Your private messages will then be displayed on the left. If it has a green paw icon, that means the message has been read. If it has a red paw icon, it means the message has not been read. To reply to a private message, click the message you want to reply to and select "answer" which will be displayed on the left corner just above the words "Inbox :: Message"
If you have messages in your sentbox this means the message has been seen by the user you sent the message to. However, if the message goes to the outbox this means the message hasn't been seen by the user you sent the message to. You also have a save box where you can save messages that are important or mean something to you.

There are a few ways to send Pms to a user. One way is to select "Post New" while you are in your PM box. You then should get a screen like this:

You must enter the details in order to send a PM - The username who you will send the message to or the usergroup. I believe only Admins and Moderators have the option to send to a whole usergroup.

Another way is to click the "Member List" which will show all the users who have recently been online. On the member list, it will give you an option to send a "MP" or a "PM" this means you do not have to type in their username.

Forum Features

Your profile
Each user has their own profile where they can add a signature, profile picture and a statistics bar. Simply click your "profile" which is located on the navigation bar. Your profile will appear somewhat like this:

From there, you then have the option to edit or add a signature by selecting "signature" - You can make it however you want and can add whatever you please as long as it is in correlation with the rules. The signature width is exactly 570x220. If you exceed this limit, you may find that your signature is cut off or does not fit perfectly.

From there, you are also able to add a profile picture which can be whatever you chose to be. Most users set it as their characters image, but, you can set it to what you want. Only one image can be displayed at a time on GBMP and its width cannot exceed 150 pixels, the height cannot exceed 200 pixels, and the file size cannot be higher than 64 KB. If your image is not within these limits, your image will not be able to be uploaded to the forum.

From there, you also have your main character stats, which is listed under "Main Character Stats" this feature allows for you to manage your characters health, age, name, gender, etc. E;g; 90/100 - Which means reasonably healthy. You must ensure you keep this realistic. For more information on this, click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Chatbox

What happens in the chatbox?
In the chatbox, mainly OOC (Out of Character) chatting is done. So, talk about what you did in the weekend, crazy lightsaber talk, weird conversations about speedo battles and parties. Just.. Random chat, pretty much. It's really fun and I advise everyone to get involved and come chat! The more in there, the merrier. Smile

Sounds fun! But, how do I access this 'chatbox' ?
The chatbox is located at the very bottom of the home page (which is accessed by clicking the "forums" button in the navigation bar)
When scrolling down the bottom of the forum, your screen should appear very similar to this screenshot:

- Click the screenshot, you'll see a large red circle which I have drawn to show how to join the chatbox. If you click where it says "Log in" you will be automatically connected to the chatbox.

- Once inside the chatbox, just type your message and press 'enter' on your keyboard.

- If you want to leave the chatbox at any time, just click "Log out" which is in the same spot as the "Log in" button.  You can use emotions and different colors when typing in the chatbox.

- The chatbox contains features such as smileys, font color, the feature to bold, underline, strike or put your text in italics. To add smileys or change text color, simply click the "A" or the smiley face. Smiley face for adding emoticons. The large "A" for coloration of text.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]<-- Adding a smiley.

- The symbol at the start of an Admin or Moderator name '@' signifies chatbox moderation powers. These users do have the right to remove/or ban users if they use the chatbox inappropriately. (If you read the rules carefully, then, you won't have to worry Razz)

Roleplaying

Roleplaying can be rather difficult if you are unsure where or how to Roleplay on a forum. But, hopefully, this step by step guide helps you. This guide is using SombreClan and SombreClan Territory as an example. If you are not in SombreClan, please do not post there (unless it's for trespassing purposes), but, all territories are the same in respect to Roleplay.

Here is the forum zoomed out, so you can see where the SombreClan territory is. Where it says "SombreClan" in the read circle, all the sections under it (The Camp Entrance, Fresh-Kill Pile, Nursery, etc) are all part of SombreClan territory.

Here is the image zoomed out.

Now for an example.
The Camp Entrance is a very popular roleplaying spot in SombreClan. In fact, it is one of the most popular Roleplaying spots on the whole forum. So, click here it says "The Camp Entrance" and you should get a screen like this.

Click the LAST page of the Camp clearing, so "11", this way you'll see recent Roleplaying messages and not past ones.

Once your page has loaded (it shouldn't take long) you should get a screen similar to this one:

I have zoomed the screen out so you can see it better. The user, ProudFire, posted an RP message and you just simply reply to it or post a new message similar to his.

Example: Aiyana padded into the Cave, her golden yellow eyes scanned her surroundings then padded briskly away.

Example: PaitenceStorm padded into the Camp of SombreClan, smiling a greeting to her clan mates. "Hello," she meowed.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY GUIDE. I hope this was helpful! If not, don't hesitate to PM myself or another staff member!©️
HowlingStar
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Jason's Help Guide! Left_bar_bleue4/5Jason's Help Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Health Bar:
Jason's Help Guide! Left_bar_bleue90/100Jason's Help Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

https://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down