Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!)

+2
Alue
MiseryCloud
6 posters

Go down

Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!)

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Name: Crosspaw (Crossfang)

Age (in moons, please): 9

Gender (Male / Female): Tom/Male

Description of character appearance:
though not as scribbly, sorry:
A large, well-muscled tom with broad shoulders and strong limbs; built for power and endurance rather than agility. He almost resembles a Norwegian Forest cat, if it were to be mixed with a few less-fluffy cats.

His fur is a slightly darker kind of grey, with long tabby stripes that seem to connect and cross each other as if the tom's coat was a winding river. Somewhere at chest-height, Crosspaw's tabby fur lightens, and so do his stripes, making it appear as if his colors slowly fade away. The tom's underbelly is a pale grey, with faint traces of tabby stripes going around it, only visible at close range. It goes up to his muzzle and stops above the nose. Also, Crosspaw has a dash of dark grey above his nose, on his chin, and on his front toes. His tail is dark grey, he has a scar on the back of his left heel, and he has a nick in his ear.

As for the length and texture of his fur,  it is surprisingly smooth and very well maintained (a result of the tom's frequent grooming). He is a medium-furred cat, so all of his tufty-bits are at his neck, belly, and tail. Though he does have a bit of fluff around his face, it's nothing too extreme.

Crosspaw's eyes are fierce and bright, giving him quite the intimidating glare. There is also a ring of amber around the tom's yellow eyes. He usually has a rather  uncaring look about him, and combined with an almost constant scowl, he seems rather cold.

Mate, if any: None

Kit(s), if any: None

Preferred clan, if any (TempestClan, SombreClan, RillClan and ValiantClan: Sombreclan

Preferred rank: Apprentice

History of character (Optional)
Will write later.

RP Style (Please post an in-depth RP post so we can see how experienced you are~ You *only* need to do this for your first character submission. Once you are approved once, there is no need to post another RP sample):[/b]
(Oh no, this is gonna suck xD)
Crosspaw shivered as a cold wind blew through his pelt, sending a chill up his spine. His yellow eyes  were narrowed to glowing slits and his teeth, despite his frustrated attempts to clamp them shut, were chattering. Usually the cold wasn't a problem for him, with his thick pelt, but this season's leaf-bare seemed to be against him. He knew he could easily crawl back inside the medicine cat's den, but the tom's pride made him stubborn and defiant. Why did Howlingstar order one of his most skillful apprentices to stay cooped up in a stupid hole of leaves? He was a warrior, not a medicine cat's apprentice! With a sharp growl, Crosspaw raked his sore claws at the frozen ground, instantly regretting his decision as he recoiled in pain. He drew up a paw to lick at the wrappings around his toes, a small frown on the young tom's usually-grumpy features. It wasn't fair. Nothing was going right. He was stupid, and now he might never even be a warrior! 'Rest up and it might heal'? Hah! Crosspaw dropped down with a thud, resting his head in between his paws. If he couldn't walk, or use his claws, then what kind of a warrior would he be? Letting out a sigh, he watched the smoke from his muzzle disappear into the air for a moment before a voice rang out from the medicine cat's den, worried, and even a bit angry... Maybe, just this once, Crosspaw would give in? Maybe he'd trust someone else for a change instead of his own instinct? The very thought made the apprentice's nose wrinkle in the beginnings of a scowl, but his body seemed to act on its own as he stood to his paws. Reluctantly, Crosspaw slunk into the den without a word and brushed past the medicine cat as they approached him, letting out a huff. Though he'd cooperated, it didn't mean they'd broken him!

Special code(s): Loyalty is what matters.

Extra(s):
He has a nick in his ear, presumably from an accident while sparring with another apprentice.

Crosspaw is Redpaw's half-brother on his father's side.

Where you referred by someone? If so, who? Nope!

Name: Redpaw (Redwing)

Age (in moons, please): 7

Gender (Male / Female): Tom/Male

Description of character appearance:
Spoiler:
A tall, lean tom with powerful, long legs more suited for speed and flexibility. Somewhat ganglier and more slender than his brother, Crosspaw. With a thin frame, it may seem that Redpaw is easily thrown about, but the tom is quite persistent and tough, and can take quite a battering. Beneath his downy pelt is muscle,  not bone!

Redpaw's fur is mostly white, with russet tabby patches scattered about his coat. He has distinct facial markings, especially his striped muzzle and the dark patch on his chin. His paws are red and striped, as his his entire tail. He has a handsome face, though his childish ways and disheveled pelt don't help him much.

The tom's coat is rather scruffy, sticking out in all directions, but is soft to the touch. He is 'fluffier' than Crosspaw, though not enough to be classified as a long-furred cat. Unlike his half-brother, the tom doesn't have much time to fuss about with his pelt, so it is often untidy.

Redpaw's eyes are warm and friendly, but with a glint of mischief. He shares his amber-ringed eyes with his brother, though uses them in a much less intimidating way. If a cat gets to know Redpaw enough, they will discover that the tom gives away all of his emotions in his eyes, which, depending on point of view, is either a good thing or a bad thing.

Mate, if any: None

Kit(s), if any: None

Preferred clan, if any (TempestClan, SombreClan, RillClan and ValiantClan: Sombreclan

Preferred rank: Apprentice

History of character (Optional)
Write later.

RP Style (Please post an in-depth RP post so we can see how experienced you are~ You *only* need to do this for your first character submission. Once you are approved once, there is no need to post another RP sample):[/b]
Redpaw couldn't sleep. How could he, really, when he'd just been apprenticed? Everyone else had drifted away a while ago, but the tom, who'd barely shed his kit-fluff,  was still twisting and turning in his nest, his tail moving around anxiously and occasionally hitting against something solid beside him. A purr rumbled in his throat, and though it was slightly restrained, Redpaw wasn't trying very hard to quiet himself down. It was only when the cat behind him gave his tail a nip and a sharp hiss that the young cat fell silent. His twitching paws and ears, however, were still signs that Redpaw was still very much awake. Yellow eyes glittering with excitement, the apprentice kept himself busy with thoughts of the adventures he'd have as a warrior, and the glory he'd win for the clan... Though, with his clanmates shuffling around angrily in their nests around him, maybe he was thinking too soon?
(-spits out random words in hopes that i'll pass-)

Special code(s): Loyalty is what matters.

Extra(s):
Redpaw tried swimming once. Never again.
He seems to enjoy his brother's company despite the tom's lackluster personality.
He doesn't take things as seriously as he should.
While the tom's legs are strong and long, he's a much better hunter than he is warrior, and leaves the fighting to Crosspaw.

Where you referred by someone? If so, who? Nope!

Personalities will be revealed more in rp.

(-cough- Loyalty is what matters -cough-)

Last edited by Crosspaw on Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty Re: Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!)

Post by MiseryCloud Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Redpaw is approved, but, Crosspaw will need to wait. I just need some opinions on the name term. Smile

Reddy; Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) 2664407287
MiseryCloud
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue5/5Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue43/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (43/100)
Character Mood:: ValiantClan are trying to take back the pines? Good luck to them is all I can say..

Back to top Go down

Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty Re: Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!)

Post by Alue Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Not particularly sure, Cross would probably be fine if you mean it in the context of stripes or something, but not like a religious cross. :P
Alue
Alue

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue2/5Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue85/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Character Mood:: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Lois Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:43 pm

In my opinion ~ cross is fine. Cats would use it in context when it comes to 'Lets cross the river'...
Lois
Lois
Community Helpers
Community Helpers

Location : Hum.. You know.. Just hangin' around... Outside your house ;)

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue1/1Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue100/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Bored - Wanting to go explore the territory with her brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Alue Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Yeah, but in /that/ context, it's like using 'walk' as a name. xD
Alue
Alue

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue2/5Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (2/5)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue85/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (85/100)
Character Mood:: Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:13 pm

i'm not sure if I'm suppose to not say something since I'm not a admin or something like that but it might be a but weird as a name but still usable right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I think Cross is fine. Cats could use it like "Cross the river" "Their paths crossed" ect. It might be a little weird in the context of a name, but I still think it's fine. x3
Nightmare
Nightmare

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue3/5Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/5)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue92/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (92/100)
Character Mood:: Curious but nervous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm not the best with names, so I really just went with the first that came to mind xD

I've found a new more names though:
Galepaw, Gorsepaw, Emberpaw, Brindlepaw, Ashpaw, Blaze(ing)paw, Firepaw, etc.

I'd stick with Galepaw, but I was told that there was a kit with 'Gale', so I was wondering what sounded best.
(Also, ignore the scars and stuff in the picture. Wasn't aware I had to buy injuries ouo)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Yep there's a character with the name Gale, and Ember already from what I remember. Smile

And no, you don't have to 'buy' injuries like scars and things like that. But it's injuries such as blindness, being deaf, having no tail, or having a characteristic that isn't natural (like weird fur markings, looking different from the rest of the kit's litter etc.) that you'd need to buy. Just as long as you explain that the character got the injury realistically, and not surviving an attack of 50 million dogs or something. It should be good! :3

By the way, Welcome to the forum!
Fenris
Fenris
Community Helpers
Community Helpers

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue0/0Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue0/0Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Character Mood::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Ah, alright .u. I had this up before. Would it be alright?

Crosspaw has a limp. The tom was slashed in the heel at 6 moons when he snuck out of camp and went out of his way to catch a mouse that had wandered into another clan's territory. A patrol had found him, and he'd been clawed at as he ran off. Crosspaw had been punished when he returned, and was stuck in the med.den for 3 moons until the tendon in his leg healed, allowing him to walk, though with a limp. He tries hard to hide it, so it may or may not be noticeable depending on how much attention a cat is paying. When running, it is not a problem, as the leg is being lifted and used quickly and not much weight is being put on it for long.

Crosspaw cannot sheathe his front claws due to another tendon injury in his paws, courtesy of the patrol. It is quite uncomfortable and can end in infection if the tom does not take care of his claws. This is not seen in the picture above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Flare Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

You may not need my opinion, but just to put it out there, maybe the charrie could be "Cross" as in angry, or stern? Dunno, but you probably don't need it now anyways xD

Can't wait to Rp with you, CrossPaw! :3
Flare
Flare
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Location : Definitely not in your pantry if thats what you mean... O_o

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue6/6Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (6/6)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue95/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (95/100)
Character Mood:: Happy- Love my new clan!

Back to top Go down

Post by MiseryCloud Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 am

I already said that the tendon injury was not acceptable Crosspaw, please do not question something which I, an Administrator have already discussed with you. An Administrator is the highest grade on the forum, followed by the Head-Moderator, the Moderators, Community helpers and lastly, members.

That injury regarding the tendon is a large wound and is considered a disability hence why I said that it would need to be purchased. Cuts such as a small torn ear are fine as they are not considered disabilities, where as that large wound is.

"Cross the river" "Cross paths" - I didn't actually consider that word used in these context, so, I'm glad I inquired on it. Names can be tricky sometimes. So, I'll approve your first character, Crosspaw, however, as I said (now for the third time), the tendon injury will need to be purchased if you wish to progress with that detail.

Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) 2664407287

I look forward to rping with you a bit more! Cya around. ^-^
MiseryCloud
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue5/5Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (5/5)
Health Bar:
Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Left_bar_bleue43/100Crosspaw and Redpaw; WIP (Need approval!) Empty_bar_bleue  (43/100)
Character Mood:: ValiantClan are trying to take back the pines? Good luck to them is all I can say..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

No disrespect meant; I really just copied and pasted the thing to show what I'd had before. I wasn't even thinking about questioning you, so sorry if that came off that way. Just wanted to check, since before I thought that all wounds had to be purchased ^^;

Thanks, and same to you!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiseryCloud Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:45 pm

No, not all wounds, just large ones which can cause predicaments or are classed as disabilities. Cuts and torn ears and such are fine. ^-^
MiseryCloud
MiseryCloud
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Health Bar:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down