Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong

2 posters

Go down

I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong

Post by Magpie Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:50 am

This is the only one that is appropriate for this site so....
It's pretty old but eh, I figured why not
My other one is about a serial killer but it is kind of pro-killer because that is how I think so
Don't get any ideas
Sorry guys I feel like typing without punctuation for some reason Surprised
Err but here it is

The Curtain

She was here. Facing it again. The Curtain.
It hung in front of her, swaying slowly in the gentle draft. A faint dripping noise echoed quietly from behind it, but Katydid ignored the sound, flattening her ears to muffle it out. She had to focus.
The Curtain continued to tease her with its swaying motions, dancing to nonexistent music in the morning light. Katydid crouched, tensing her back legs and fixing her eyes on the Curtain. She took a short breath and leaped.
Kat flailed her paws wildly, struggling to get a grip on the fabric that had nearly crumpled underneath her sudden weight. It lurched dangerously, rocking the young cat back and forth. Kat let out a shocked yowl and kicked out against the Curtain, fighting to get away. This didn't seem like such a great idea anymore.
Just as Kat swung backwards from the shower Curtain, she reached forward, panicked, to try and grab it again. It may mean another lurch, but anything was worth preventing her inevitable fall.
One paw fell short, but the other met the Curtain. Kat's sharp claws dug fiercely into the fabric, clinging, pulling her back to her Curtain. Kat was hanging by one paw now, five kittens' claws saving her from plummeting into the cold, hard bathtub. She whimpered at this thought and flailed again--maybe landing wouldn't be so bad after all.
As Kat squirmed, her claws began to slip. She realized this and stopped, letting out a frantic cry. One claw was free, now two . . . three . . . four. Kat was dangling from one claw, a claw that was now supporting every ounce of her weight.
Kat couldn't help it. She yowled, shrieking over and over, "My claw! My claw is stuck!" But no one came. Tears sprung to the hazel eyes so tightly squeezed together. It felt as if a bear trap had closed onto her paw--no, like six of them had. Each second the pain grew fiercer, each frenzied heartbeat sent a fresh wave of agony through her body. Kat twisted, biting down hard on her trembling lip. Black clotted her vision, and the room was swimming back and forth through her tears.
The bathroom door opened. Finally someone had heard her. A human, one of Kat's Owners, stood cautiously wide-eyed in the doorway. Her mouth fell open slightly as she saw Katydid. The kitten hissed in fear and annoyance, still struggling madly against the Curtain. She felt hands underneath her, lifting her, clumsy fingers fumbling at her tangled claw. The pain was mostly gone now--her Owner was supporting most of her weight--but a dull, throbbing ache remained. The human was picking at the Curtain, tugging and pulling and in turn jerking around Kat's paw. Sharp spasms of pain played with her nerves, causing Kat to whimper and meow in little gasps. The Owner clucked sympathetically, and Kat gritted her teeth. She pulled her away from the Curtain and the human. . . . Freedom. Kat leaped backwards, jumping free of the human's hands and sprinting away through the house.
The kitten let out a soft sigh and slowed her running escape to a gradual stop. Her claw was pulsing horribly, and she couldn't slide it back into her paw without crying out. She unsheathed the rest of her claws--at least now she'd feel more balanced.
Two sets of eyes met her own as Kat wandered into the dark basement. Hazey and Coin, her adopted siblings, had been eavesdropping on what had happening in the bathroom. Kat's ears flattened as she realized this, and her relieved purr sunk into a sullen hiss.
It was Hazey who spoke first. He was the braver, the stronger and bulkier of all three cats. His vow was low and gritty, like a car rolling over a gravel driveway.
"What happened up there, Kat?" asked Hazey softly, suppressed concern buried in his meow. His eyes glinted with curiosity and ever-so-slight amusement.
Katydid muttered something unintelligible. She was in no mood to listen to these two make fun of her in hushed tones. She had no trouble hearing them, no matter how quietly they tried to whisper.
Coin gave a shrill giggle. She flinched when Katydid turned to glare at her, lowering her eyes and shrinking back silently.
"S-sorry," Coin stuttered, giving her tail a single lash. "You just sounded . . ." She let out another of her high-pitched chuckles. ". . . funny."
Katydid felt a growl rise up in her throat but did nothing to stop it, letting the growl grow into a fierce snarl. But Hazey stopped her before she could say anything.
"That's not what she meant!" he yelled, flattening an ear in warning. He stepped protectively in front of his trembling sister. "We just--wondered. What happened. Up there." His voice was guarded, though, and Katydid could tell he'd been the first to laugh. "It--it did sound a little--interesting."
Coin's frightened face shifted into a small smirk. "Y-yeah," she said, creeping out from behind Hazey. "That's what h-he said."
Katydid frowned deeper and slid her claws back into her paws. Most of the pain had dissolved now, and she found her anger fading too. Only a quiet ache remained, throbbing distantly in the back of her mind.f
"Fine, I'll tell you," she said testily. "You remember the Curtain?"
Coin's amber eyes stretched wide at this, but Hazey offered a small smile and asked, "Which one?"
Katydid gave a short, mean laugh. "I mean the Curtain, Hazey. The one and only." She paused for dramatic effect. "I was alone. In the bathroom. With the Curtain. And then! I pounced on it, and I was this close to killing it! This close! But then," Kat's pupils widened and her voice grew quiet, forcing the others to learn in to hear, "but then, it struck back! The Curtain! And it bit me, and nearly tore off my paw." Katydid turned bitter again at these last words. She raised a paw up to her face and licked her swollen toe tenderly, closing her eyes for just a moment.
Hazey was grinning as Kat finished her story, ears twitching in skeptical amusement. A rumbling purr rose deep in his throat. Hazey sniffed to cover it up, not wanting to further upset his adopted sibling, who was glancing at him suspiciously through the corner of her eye. She seemed to be deciding whether or not she should yell at him.
Coin was gaping soundless at Kat, mouth open in a dim smile. She was perched precariously on her tip toes, still learning forward, hanging on to every word Kat wasn't saying. Katydid turned, reading Coin's eager expression. She couldn't help but break into a smile at the face of the calico kitten.
"Impressive, isn't it?" Kat grinned broadly, a soft purr vibrating through her body.
"Yes! Y-yes!" Coin fervently agreed, nodding eagerly. "Wow, Katy! You're so brave!" Her eyes shone with admiration.
Katydid laughed lightly, casually. "Thank you," she said. "It was certainly very painful. And scary. I don't know if you'd have been able to handle it."
Hazey frowned. He'd never approved of Kat's overly confident attitude, especially at a time like this, when she used it to impress Coin. Katydid had never been as mature as he, he knew this and had accepted it long ago. She was the youngest, after all. But she was still a huge role model for Coin, and with so much influence over another, she should act responsible enough for it. Hazey gritted his teeth and looked up, meeting Katydid's accusing glare. He showed her his teeth in a dark little smile, daring her to speak.
"What did you think of my story, Hazey?" asked Kat in a falsely polite tone. "Was it quite as 'interesting' as you expected?"
"More so," the black cat said in a low monotone. His yellow eyes flashed threateningly in Kat's direction. He didn't want to argue now, not in front of Coin. "It was quite remarkable."
Kat wasn't fooled. "You don't believe it, do you? You don't believe me!"
"It was a good story, anyway," said Hazey coolly, avoiding her glare. "You aren't a horrible storyteller." Kat lashed her tail angrily and waited for him to continue. "But you may want to work on making your story more believable. Assuming you'd like to be believed. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to use the litterbox." He dipped his head in mute farewell and turned, disappearing into the back of the basement.
Katydid was seething. Her ears were flattened, her ears glaring and tail thrashing against the floor. "I can't believe him!" she spat, quivering with rage. "My story was perfectly true! Every word!" She turned to Coin. "You believe it! Or don't you?" She leaned in closer to the calico, breathing heavily.
"Y-yes! Of c-course, Katy! O-of course I--I believe y-y-you!" Coin cowered, flinching at Kat's flaring temper.
"He's just being a jerk, then," Katydid muttered, shaking her head in frustration. "I need something to eat. See you upstairs." A frown still set firmly on her face, Katydid turned and trotted up the basement stairs. She glanced at her food bowl, taking a few hasty bites of kibble. It crunched noisily as she chewed, flooding her mouth with a mild fishy flavor.
She took a few laps of stale water, then turned towards the living room. Kat had all but forgotten her claw, she was so deeply absorbed in unhappy thoughts. Coin followed her up the stairs, slowly, hesitating at the top step. She swished her tail and stepped onto the tile floor.
Katydid glanced up at Coin and sighed. Her anger had mostly drained away, and pure exhaustion replaced it, weighing her down like water drenching her fur. She yawned enormously and bent to give her fur a quick grooming.
The sun had just reached the peak of that day's journey: it was midday. Hard to believe all that had already happened within just a matter of hours. Kat was already so tired! She dreaded having to wade through the ten dull hours until night came around and the owners would play. Yawning again, Kat padded over to the couch, hopping lightly onto it. She lay down, curling into a little ball and wrapping her tail around herself. Soon her sleepy breathing faded into light snoring as the brown-and-grey cat drifted off to sleep.
Magpie
Magpie
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Left_bar_bleue1/1I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health Bar:
I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Left_bar_bleue100/100I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Scared

http://forgottenpurrsrp.boards.net

Back to top Go down

I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty Re: I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong

Post by HowlingStar Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Ohhhh. That's amazing. :3 !
HowlingStar
HowlingStar
Administrator
Administrator

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Left_bar_bleue4/5I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Health Bar:
I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Left_bar_bleue90/100I also write stories but they usually turn out wrong Empty_bar_bleue  (90/100)
Character Mood:: Hhhmm..

https://gbmp.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down