Grass Beneath My Paws
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT}

3 posters

Go down

Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT}

Post by ♫ℓσvє αη∂ cσσкιєѕ♥ Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Storm walked around her small territory borders, spraying her scent as she held her freshly killed prey in her jaws. (Seriously, it sounds like Storm has some type of perfume she's advertising to the rest of the forest XD) She looked at the tiny stream running through part of her territory next to her burrow den, and smiled. She went into the burrow, crawling through the entrance. It was slightly tight in the entrance, but once she entered the burrow itself, it was a wide space that had been made by a badger, which she had expanded and used as her home after her mothers death. The ceiling was about one fox-length above her, and she could easily reach up on her hind legs and have her head almost touch the ceiling. She felt the burrow was spacious, with the width of it on all sides being about seven fox-lengths. She spent an entire day digging in the burrow and getting the extra dirt and moss out of it. She cleaned off the moss in the stream and used it as her nest, then weaved some mint in the nest to make it smell refreshing. She padded up next to her moss nest, and dropped the rabbit on the ground. She sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws. The rabbit was scrawny, but she didn't care. She was hungry, and she constantly messed up on hunting. She took a bite of the fresh-kill, and gulped it down hungrily. She kept taking bites, until all that was left were the bones. She grasped the bones in her jaws, and crawled back outside. She buried them deep in the dirt out of her territory so it wouldn't smell or sit somewhere. She went back inside, and stepped into her nest. She grabbed the spare moss she put on the other side of her nest and put it on top of her for warmth. She curled her tail near her paws, tucked her head near her paws and tail into a curling position, and slept. She dreamt of rain and lots of storms, the night of her birth. She saw her mother tucking her into the small, old badgers den. The little kit sniffed the air, and looked scared for a moment. "Don't worry Storm.. the scent is stale. Hide in there, don't move, don't meow!" She said. The white she-cat closed her soft blue eyes, tears rimming the edges, like she was forcing herself to do what she did next. She had to leave her kit. Her eyes widened with fear and pain as a loner, a silver tabby cat with a dark gray face (MASK before he met Tawnypelt! >Very Happy) clawed her mothers neck. The little kit mewled, but not loud enough to hear. She rolled around in the burrow so she smelled like the stale scent, and covered herself in dirt so she would camouflage herself. She huddled in the corner and closed her eyes as she heard the lifeless thump outside the den. She sniffed the air again, and the loner was gone. She peeked outside the den, and her eyes widened with fear. "MOMMA!" She yowled, and heaved herself to her paws, as she exited the den. She leaned on her mothers stomach, her head hanging off the other side of her. She cried as the rain fell on her fur, and the dream ended. She woke up, crying like in her dream, right as the first rays of dawn came shining. She opened her eyes, and sat up. She wiped the tears away, and stretched out, shaking her pelt as if there was water on it. She took a deep breath and held it there, trying to hold back the memories. "I won't ever forget you.. Snow.." She whispered. She missed her mother so much, and all she had left of her was her grave. She had buried her right outside the den, and had rolled a small stone onto the dirt where she was buried, to show that it was a burial site. She walked out of her den, and went around to the tiny stream. She lapped up the cool waters, and then padded out of her territory to hunt.
♫ℓσvє αη∂ cσσкιєѕ♥
♫ℓσvє αη∂ cσσкιєѕ♥
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue1/1Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health Bar:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue100/100Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Mood::

http://pawstepsinthedark.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty Re: Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT}

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:39 am

A wounded cat limped past, he sighted a large tree - around a foxlength away from the other cat and sat underneath it. The shade cooling his black fur. His cold yellow eyes ran across his leg, the wound was deep and still heavily bleeding. He masked the pain on his expression. Mousebrained she-cat.. She'll get what's coming to her..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty Re: Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT}

Post by *Firefly* Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Storm returned back from hunting, and stretched out. She caught scent of another cat, and she glanced at the cat under the tree. She padded over to him, even though he probably didn't want to talk. "Are you alright?" She asked, looking at his wounds.
*Firefly*
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue10/10Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Health Bar:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue100/100Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Character Mood:: Should I tell him?

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyhawk2003 Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 pm

*Fang layed in the shadows stalking the cat named Storm. He had heard that Storm was a threat to the prey that lived in the grassy plain.* Just look at her, hunting as she pleases not knowing that there are other cats that live here starving, needing prey more than she does *He crept up on her and hissed at her* " You are taking up too much territory, you're not the only cat that lives here. You need to share your territory"
kittyhawk2003
kittyhawk2003
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue1/1Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Health Bar:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:00 am

LightningStar gazed across to Storm, thinking. Perhaps she can help me - Fetch me herbs..I need a medicine cat, he thought. His thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Fang, he narrowed his eyes and gazed down to his large wound then began to lick at the wound.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kittyhawk2003 Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:51 pm

*Fang's gaze softened when he saw the wounded cat. He padded over to a tall bright flower. He layed it in front of the wounded cat* "Here this should help heal your wound. Just chew it into a pulp and apply it to your wound, but it might sting a little."
kittyhawk2003
kittyhawk2003
Newborn
Newborn

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Health Bar:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue10000000/10000000Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (10000000/10000000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 am

What is he doing? Probably a herb that will kill me!The tom examined the herb, his dark golden eyes narrowed into slits. A growl formed in the cat's throat and he slashed at the flower with his large midnight paw, sending it flying back at Fang. "Keep your plants to yourself," he growled, "I do not need help." Lightning managed to get to his paws and slowly hobbled back the way he came.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:13 am

Deadthorn was staking a mouse until she heard meowing and hissing from the side of her. She sat back up,her yellow eyes gazing at the bushes towards the sounds of cats. There are too many to handle for a fight...I guess I'll come in peace then. She sighed,her tail swung as she crouched and stalked into the bushes to investigate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by *Firefly* Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Storm glanced at the wounded cat and Fang. "All of my territory is a tiny stream and that badgers den. It's not like I take up a whole hunting spot or anything. And if you've noticed, most of the time, I'm starving too!" She hissed at him. From a closer look, she did appear quite skinny. "I hadn't even caught anything this time around. Now leave me alone. I remember why I stay in my den and don't talk to anyone now!" She snarled, walking back. She glanced over her shoulder at the injured cat, and softened her gaze a little, though still stern. "You're free to rest in my den and gather cobwebs near the stream, if you wish. I don't know anything about herbs so.." She stopped there, and shook her head. "Whatever. I need to try and hunt again anyway." She meowed quietly, and walked off into the best hunting spot. Once there, she got into a stalking position. She scented the air, and then saw a skinny mouse nearby. She crept up slowly, closer, then even closer. She leaned her weight on her hind legs and pounced. It almost got away, but she nipped it on the neck before it could move. "Thank goodness..." She meowed, and scented the air again. This was the only piece of prey for a while away. She picked it up in her jaws and padded back to her den. She sat it in the middle, and grabbed the spare moss and instead of using it for warmth, made a second nest in case the other loner did want to come here and rest. She put it on the other side of the cave, and then grabbed cobwebs from a corner. She put them next to the that nest, and then put the mouse next to it as well. She stared at the mouse hungrily, but she shook her head. She couldn't be selfish. She had eaten well last night for the first time in a while. A rabbit, though scrawny. She knew that she had to just wait. If the mouse still sat there tomorrow and the loner did not come, she would eat it then. She walked over and curled up in her nest. She kept her eyes open. They seemed to not blink for a long time. She just laid there, resting, despite the fact she couldn't nap.
*Firefly*
*Firefly*
Novice
Novice

Main Character Stats
Character slots:
Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Left_bar_bleue10/10Storm's Den & Territory {OPEN TO VISIT} Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Health Bar:
Character Mood:: Should I tell him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 am

Lightning pricked an ear at the she-cat then frowned at her kindness. Kindness only makes you weak He remembered telling his son those exact words, moons and moons ago. Back when he was just an apprentice. Whether he listened or not is another story. The black tom licked his claws, gazing at his large wound. I suppose I could do with the assistance. She said herself she knows nothing about herbs. He argued with himself, trying to decide his next move. He knew he was weak and would not last all that long without some form of assistance. But, he hated the thought of being helped, being kind, trying to get help. It's weak. Perhaps.. I could come back another sunrise when I am better and scare her out of her den! It would teach her for being kind. The idea amused him, he never was one to seek help and with that the black tom snorted a reply and walked off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down